Quantar Technology Incorporated - Worldwide supplier of state-of-the-art measurement solutions for science and industry - designs, manufactures and markets specialized test and measurement instruments and serves the worldwide scientific research and analytical instrument markets in field such as physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, medicine/biology and materials science. Our primary customers include universities, corporate research, national laboratories and OEM equipment manufacturers. Nearly half of our business is International.
IMAGING DETECTOR SYSTEMS
Quantar offers a family of unique, single-event-counting, scientific imaging detector systems for photon and charged particle (electron, ion) imaging and spectroscopy. These position sensitive detector systems are among the most sensitive, lowest noise detectors available and are used in a wide range of applications including specialized astronomy, electron and ion spectroscopy and imaging, mass spectrometry, and optical spectroscopy and imaging.
- Easy-to-use, complete systems to meet application needs including detector heads, readout electronics, powerful data collection/display hardware and software, options and accessories.
- Proven, dependable product design and support. High-quality materials, design and fabrication.
- Used by satisfied customers worldwide in a wide range of applications including XPS, EELS, LEED, SIMS, Imaging TOF MS, soft x-ray, EUV.
- Position-sensitive, 1-D and X-Y, with high spatial resolution.
- Ultimate, single-event-counting sensitivity, detects individual charged-particles and energetic photons including electrons, positrons, ions, energetic neutrals, EUV and soft x-rays. Open-face detector head specifically designed for use in high-vacuum environments, and are fully UHV-compatible.
- Extremely low detector noise combined with single-event, pulse-counting detection means higher S/N ratio and better data in detector-noise limited applications.
- Data acquisition with count rates from less than one count/second to 100,000 counts/sec (other models up to 1 million counts/sec).
- Displays XY event data on detector in real-time on conventional oscilloscope in X-Y mode.
SCIENTIFIC DATA ACQUISITION BOARDS AND SYSTEMS
Through a partnership with Fast ComTec GmbH, Quantar Technology offers a range of specialized, high-performance, signal processing and data acquisition and display instruments, which are primarily PC-based. These devices are used for acquisition of precise timing data in applications such as time-of-flight (TOF) mass spectroscopy and LIDAR (light-ranging) and multiple-input-parameter data acquisition and display and pulse-height sorting and analysis, i.e. multichannel analysis (MCA). The markets for these products are very similar to the core markets for our other products.
Quantar Technology's detector systems are being successfully used worldwide and have proven useful in a wide range of spectroscopic and imaging applications in scientific and analytical instrumentation fields including:
- Parallel multichannel electron spectroscopy, XPS, EELS
- Secondary-ion imaging mass spectrometers (SIMS)
- Imaging TOF-SIMS
- Sector-type mass spectrometers
- LEED, ESDIAD (electron-stimulated ion angle) and SARIS (angle-resolved ion TOF MS) imaging
- Soft x-ray fluorescence multichannel spectroscopy
- Raman multichannel spectroscopy and imaging
- Fluorescence and luminescence spectroscopy/imaging
- Space science and astronomy
- Neutron imaging (with scintillator)
- Biomedical applications
Quantar Technology invites inquires regarding possible applications.
|Home | Quantar Products | FAST Products | Support/Service | Contact Us|
Quantar Technology Incorporated - 2620A Mission Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060-5703
Tel/FAX: 831-429-5227 · www.quantar.com